OpenCart vs WooCommerce: Overview
They’re both ways for your customers to buy your products and check out quickly and securely. Although the purpose is the same, the execution is different. As such in this comparison analysis of OpenCart vs WooCommerce, we’re going to take a look at different aspects of both eCommerce platforms.
WooCommerce is a WordPress plugin. It integrates seamlessly with your existing WordPress site without having to do much legwork. It was developed specifically for WordPress sites. You’ll have a guided installation with support to get everything started.
Okay so lets go a bit deeper:
- More Website Speed/Load time : Thanks to the open source nature of OpenCart, developers can go under the hood to speed things up. One of our clients, the developer and owner of the OpenCart store Budget Neon, took it upon himself to create speed enhancements for OpenCart. (You can run a speed test on the Budget Neon site to see how well these modifications work.)
- Built in SEO : Benefit from our built-in SEO. Easy manage products, customers, orders, taxes rules, coupon codes and more.
- Easiest Back-up and restore System : OpenCart allows you to set up your own back-ups and restorations. Looking for an easy way to update and bulk edit products, categories and everything else OpenCart? Discover the popular extensions in the marketplace
- MVC-L architecture : OpenCart’s MVC-L (Model-View-Controller-Language framework) MVC is a popular software architectural pattern which is extended in OpenCart by including a language entity.
- API : OpenCart features a API which allows third party applications to talk to your OpenCart store for better integration capabilities
Hi, my name Rabby bhuiyan. I am an e-commerce expert. Whenever I find a solution for any bug or learn something new from any latest framework while working I try to share it here.